swift 728

rev7

Tuesday 30 December 2014

'She took my breath away': Adam Rickitt marries Good Morning Britain reporter Katy Fawcett in pre-Christmas ceremony


The couple, who have been engaged since 2012, exchanged vows in a pre-Christmas ceremony on December 21.
Sharing their big day with OK! magazine, the happy couple look stunning as they pose in their wedding day finery.
Scroll down for video 
Newlyweds: Adam Rickitt is a married man after walking down the aisle with Good Morning Britain reporter Katy Fawcett
Newlyweds: Adam Rickitt is a married man after walking down the aisle with Good Morning Britain reporter Katy Fawcett
Katy opted for a Stephanie Allin lace gown with a long train, while her handsome husband went for a classic blue three-piece suit and tartan tie.
The 35-year-old star revealed to the publication that he knew from the second he met Katy she would be his wife on day.
He gushed: 'I called my mum that night and said: "I’ve met the girl I’m going to marry".
'For our second date, she met my family! I’d have proposed to her the day I met her but Katy had this rule that you can’t get engaged until you’ve been going out for a year.'
Meanwhile Katy reveals that she had to stop herself from becoming too amorous during the ceremony, which took place at North Yorkshire’s Carlton Towers. 
Bliss: The couple, who got engaged in 2012, wed in North Yorkshire and shared their big day with OK!
Bliss: The couple, who got engaged in 2012, wed in North Yorkshire and shared their big day with OK!
Fulfilled: The pair have jetted off to Thailand on their honeymoon, with Adam telling fans on Twitter that he felt 'complete'
Fulfilled: The pair have jetted off to Thailand on their honeymoon, with Adam telling fans on Twitter that he felt 'complete'
The pretty brunette adds: 'Adam laid his soul completely bare and I was so desperate to kiss him that the registrar had to tell me off! I felt so full of love and emotion, I cried quite a lot.' 
The pair have since jetted off on a romantic honeymoon to Thailand as they kick off the start of their married life in style.
Sharing a series of sweet snaps of them enjoying their trip of a lifetime, Katy uploaded an image on Twitter of the couple posing together.
Fresh start: The 35-year-old - famous for his stint as Nick Tilsey on Coronation Street - credited his new bride with convincing him to take part in The Big Reunion last year
Fresh start: The 35-year-old - famous for his stint as Nick Tilsey on Coronation Street - credited his new bride with convincing him to take part in The Big Reunion last year
She wrote: 'Merry Xmas and happy new year from the rickitts in sunny koh Yao noi! Married a week.'
The newlyweds also shared pictures of them before heading on a night out, both wearing matching white ensembles. 
Read the full interview inside this week's OK! magazine
Read the full interview inside this week's OK! magazine
Adam, who played Nick Tilsley on the ITV soap between 1997 and 2004 and had a brief stint as a pop star, heaped praise on his fiancée on Lorraine earlier this year - revealing she convinced him to get involved with The Big Reunion in 2013.
The show created new boyband 5th Story, made up of pop stars from the 1990s and 2000s.
Adam joined the likes of Pop Idol's Gareth Gates, Kavana, Another Level's Dane Bowers and Kenzie from Blazing Squad. 
Praising Katy, Adam said: 'She's [my rock]. She's the one who convinced me to do the show.
'I was going to say no. I was kind of like, "I didn't enjoy it much the first time around."
'She was the one who said, "Look, you are who you are now and you're a completely different man. Go and see what it's like and see if you enjoy it."
'Once I met the boys, it was a no brainer. I just knew it was something I could enjoy.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger news