swift 728

rev7

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Meet the Blind Afro-beat songstress Lioness

Lioness Oyinbo is a blogger, journalist, fiction writer and singer whose blind from birth due to a detached optic nerve, she uses her blog to talk about various issues related to blindness and some other aspects of her life and whatever she feel like discussing with her audience.

Lynn is a Norwegian but find her way into Nigerian music industry because of her love for Afrobeat, she recently duet Nigerian born singer Lace on ‘Let Go Party’ which has been enjoying massive listening across the music channel.
The beautiful white afrobeat singer; is widely known as Lioness Oyinbo in the Nigeria music scene said that the Pop singer Oristefemi was the genesis of her stage name; according to her ‘My name is Lynn and I got the Lioness from my hair, golden colour and curly like a lioness. I don't know exactly how but somehow, few of my friends call me lioness in London, but for the oyinbo part, that was Oritsefemi when we did a recording session, he was to do the introduction and he was messing around, calling me Lioness Oyinbo, and since then it just kind of stuck. Ever since then, my friends here in Nigeria call me ‘Lioness Oyinbo.
 Though, she started singing at the tender age with the church choir, but knew she will be a secular singer and not a religious singer, have recorded eight songs to her credit and also had collaboration with LACE and Oritsefemi, she squealed that her song with Oristefemi is going to be the biggest among all her when the song finally release to the general public.
When she was asked about her being blind imperfection and how she manage to use computer to blog and communicate to people.
Lioness Oyinbo who is signed on to a freshly formed Nigerian label, called Slim Entertainment Records with Slim-Fit as a label mate, said that; blindness is not an imperfection and It really hurts me that some people think that I'm less perfect than someone else because I'm blind. I mean we all have imperfections as people but I don't think blindness is my imperfection. It's a challenge for sure and some days, I really wish I could see because it could be frustrating but I am sure that you wake up and you look at one thing in your life and say this is my imperfection. That's why I don't want people to look at my blindness and say it's an imperfection. If I have any imperfection, it might be something in my character or something else but it is nothing physical about me. 
Speaking further on how she uses computer to blog and type; she said ‘I use a normal computer but I just have software installed that speaks to me so I know what I'm writing. I do everything like you do I just hear instead of seeing on the screen.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger news