swift 728

rev7

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Ed Sheeran leads the 2015 BRIT Awards winners as singer takes home first prize of the night for British Male Solo Artist


He was one of the hot favourites for awards glory with four nominations to his name.
And Ed Sheeran took home the first gong of the night at the 2015 BRIT Awards on Wednesday, picking up the British Male Solo Artist prize at the glittering awards ceremony, held at the O2 Arena in London.
The Thinking Out Loud singer-songwriter was delighted with his win, which saw him beat Damon Albarn, George Ezra, Paolo Nutini and Sam Smith to the crown.

Big win: Ed Sheeran took home the first trophy of the night, winning the coveted British Male Solo Artist prize at the 2015 BRIT Awards at the O2 Arena in London on Wednesday 
Big win: Ed Sheeran took home the first trophy of the night, winning the coveted British Male Solo Artist prize at the 2015 BRIT Awards at the O2 Arena in London on Wednesday 
Ed was interviewed by presenting duo Ant and Dec after getting the Solo Artist award and confessed: ‘I won’t be too annoyed if I don’t win the Best Video award but I’m happy to have won this one.
'I’m going to perform and then I’m going to drink, so don’t film me later.
He also spoke about his upcoming collaboration with superstar Pharrell Williams, claiming he approached him about working together at an awards ceremony.
Dynamic duo: The nation's favourite double act Ant and Dec were on presenting duties and quizzed Ed about his hopes for the night
Dynamic duo: The nation's favourite double act Ant and Dec were on presenting duties and quizzed Ed about his hopes for the night
Delighted: The cheekie chappy revealed the British Male Solo Artist prize was the one he was most excited about
Delighted: The cheekie chappy revealed the British Male Solo Artist prize was the one he was most excited about
Speaking about the Happy hit-maker, he added: ‘He doesn’t really work with any one he doesn’t like.’
Next up on stage to collect their award were rock duo Royal Blood, who scooped the coveted British Group prize.
The pair, who have three nominations in total, announced as they accepted their gong: 'Many of you won't even know who we are but we started this band two years ago just to have a laugh with friends but this means a lot.'
Taking to the stage: Ellie Goulding was joined by Lewis Hamilton to present Taylor Swift with the International Female Solo Artist trophy

Taking to the stage: Ellie Goulding was joined by Lewis Hamilton to present Taylor Swift with the International Female Solo Artist trophy
Lewis Hamilton and Ellie Goulding were at hand to present the International Female Solo Artist prize, which went to Taylor Swift.
Ellie, clad in an angelic white gown with floral embroidery, almost slipped on stage as she tripped over her dress.
The Formula One pro teased his co-presenter, laughing: 'What's up with the dress? Are you going to a wedding or something?' 
Thanking her friends: Taylor Swift dedicated her  award to her loyal British pals including Ed Sheeran
Thanking her friends: Taylor Swift dedicated her award to her loyal British pals including Ed Sheeran
No surprise: Taylor opened the show with a stellar rendition of her chart-topping song Blank Space

No surprise: Taylor opened the show with a stellar rendition of her chart-topping song Blank Space
Taylor - who opened the show by performing her hit single Blank Space - was thrilled with her award and dedicated her win to her British BFFs.
She declared: ‘I have been coming to England and playing shows for eight years and this is my first BRIT and I’m so happy. So I want to thank my record label for sticking with me until I won this.
‘I wouldn’t be here without my British friend who took me to pubs and taught me how to make a good cup of tea. I just want to say I love you Ed Sheeran. 
Jumping for joy: The 25-year-old superstar couldn't contain her glee as she celebrated her win

Jumping for joy: The 25-year-old superstar couldn't contain her glee as she celebrated her win
'I also want to thank Cara (Delevingne) and Ellie and Sam (Smith) I’m very lucky to have them in my life. My British fans have also changed my life.’ 
Paloma Faith was overcome with emotion as she collected the British Female Solo Artist gong from DJ Mark Ronson and embarked upon a long, rambling speech.
Having previously been nominated in the same category in both 2011 and 2013, the flame-haired songstress never expected to take home the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger news